Mako Hits 73mph On Its Debut Run
As we all wait anxiously for June 10th to arrive, Mako made its debut run along its 4,760-foot steal track at SeaWorld Orlando.
Mako plunged 200-feet down from its initial lift hill, surged through nine air-time hills and reached topped speeds of 73 mph. Can you imagine how much of a smile this is going to put on your face (just let that sink in……….73mph).
Sit back, Relax and Enjoy the ride and don’t forget to head over to our Youtube channel and hit SUBSCRIBE
Mako’s tight turns and speed are inspired by real live Mako sharks which are known for
- Their top speed
- Making extreme jumps
- The ability to quickly change course as they pursue their prey
Riders will become submerged into the world of the mako shark and feel the power of the predator as they experience the thrill of the hunt.
- Opening June 10, 2016, Mako will be the tallest, fastest and longest coaster in Orlando.
- Mako will be a hypercoaster, designed for speed and relentless “air time”
- Orlando’s only hypercoaster lures guests to brave tight turns, stomach steep drops and endure shark-attack speeds.
- Riders will soar up to 200 feet high and reach speeds up to 73 mph.
- Mako will be the centerpiece of the new two-acre shark-themed realm which also includes Shark Encounter, Sharks Underwater Grill, gift shops and shark and shipwreck themed educational experiences.