Volcano Bay Erupting June 2017
A tropical oasis unfolds before you, instantly transporting you to a little known Pacific isle.
A colossal volcano rises above a sparkling beach, boasting majestic waterfalls by day and blazing lava by night. Will you go the distance to watch the park transform into a lush night time experience.
Universals Volcano Bay a radically innovative water park opening next year at Universal Orlando Resort. Spanning 28 fully immersive acres, in what Universal Orlando are calling their third theme park it will be an entirely new kind of water park experience.
At Volcano Bay, guests will discover a place like no other, filled with incredible thrills and relaxing indulgences. This one-of-a-kind park will combine exhilarating experiences with hassle-free convenience so families can get the most out of their vacation together. They wont have to stand in long lines or wrestle with tubes before diving into the unique attractions found throughout the park. They can enjoy a variety of experiences, ranging from winding rivers and private, two-story cabanas to family raft rides and twisting body slides that launch guests above the water.
What you need to know about Volcano Bay:
Innovative Water Theme Park Experience:
Volcano Bay will redefine the queue experience so guests can focus entirely on having fun and spending time together. Guests wont even have to carry their own rafts up the slide.
18 Unique Attractions in Four Imaginatively-Themed Areas:
Volcano Bay will offer 18 unique attractions ranging from daring to serene. Theyll be divided across four primary park areas where theres something for everyone, including a multi-directional wave pool with sandy beaches, peaceful winding river, twisting multi-rider raft rides, speeding body slides that drop from the top of the volcano into the waters below and a state-of-the-art marquee attraction that will be revealed at a later date.
Award-Winning Team of Creators:
A place like this could only be brought to life by Universal Creative the same team behind ground-breaking theme park experiences like The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and Despicable Me Minion Mayhem. The team researched water parks and tropical resorts around the world to help redefine the water park experience and shape their vision for Volcano Bay.
Easy-to-Access, Resort-Like Amenities Throughout the Park:
Each area of the park will offer its own easy-to-access, resort like amenities, such as concierge locations and lockers, so guests wont have to stroll out of their way to get what they need. There will also be highly-themed restaurants and bars located throughout the park offering signature food and beverage options and impressive volcano views.
Convenient Location On-Site at Universal Orlando:
Volcano Bay will be located within Universal Orlando Resort, adjacent to Universals Cabana Bay Beach Resort. The water theme park is just a short walk or ride away from Universal Orlandos two additional theme parks Universal Studios Florida and Universals Islands of Adventure, on-site hotels and Universal CityWalk.
International Tickets On Sale Soon:
Universal Orlando will soon introduce a brand-new, 3-Park Explorer ticket for guests where they can plan to experience the highly-anticipated Volcano Bay for travel dates beginning June 1, 2017. Tickets will soon be available through international web sites and travel professionals and additional ticket options will be announced later.
This is just the beginning more exciting details about Volcano Bay will be released over time. Stay tuned to OrlandoTouristBlog.com
Four Primary Areas:
Guests will have the opportunity to explore four imaginatively-themed areas at Volcano Bay,
filled with experiences ranging from daring to serene.
The 200-foot volcano that lies at the heart of the park, inviting guests to venture through its hidden caverns and waterfalls.
Three distinctive body slides found at the rear of the volcano, which start off with surprise doors that drop out from beneath guests:
- Kookiri Body Plunge: A racing, 70-degree drop that will plummet 125-feet through the center of Krakatau. It will be the worlds first slide to travel through a pool filled with guests.
- Kala and Ta Nui Serpentine Body Slides: Two intertwining slides where guests will fall freely along 124 twisting feet.
- Punga Racers: A high-speed race through four different enclosed slides featuring manta shaped mats.
Located at the base of Krakatau, Wave Village will be home to:
- Waturi Beach: A sparkling, multi-directional wave pool where guests can swim, relax on the sand or indulge in private, one- or two-story cabanas.
- The Reef: An adjacent leisure pool will provide guests with calmer waters and exciting views of riders speeding through the Kookiri Body Plunge.
River Village will feature unique attractions for the entire family, including:
- Kopiko Wai Winding River: A gentle, winding river that will pass through the volcanos hidden caves, featuring spontaneous water effects and special nighttime lighting.
- Tot Tiki Reef: A whimsical toddler play area with spraying Maori fountains, slides and a kid-size volcano.
- Runamukka Reef: A three-story water playground inspired by the coral reef overflowing with twisting slides, sprinklers and more.
- Honu: An adventurous, multi-passenger raft ride that will soar across two giant, sloped walls
- Ika Moana: A twisting, multi-passenger raft ride that will glide across bubbling geysers.
Exhilarating thrills await guests in Rainforest Village, including:
- Maku: North Americas first saucer ride sending multi-passenger rafts speeding around three saucer-shaped curves.
- Puihi: A breath-taking multi-passenger raft ride that will plunge guests into darkness before bursting into a funnel and launching into a zero-gravity drop.
- Ohyah and Ohno Drop Slides: Two twisting, adrenaline-pumping slides that launch guests four- and six-feet above the water at the end.
- TeAwa The Fearless River: An action-packed, racing torrent river where guests hang tight in their inner tubes amidst roaring, whitewater rapids.
- Taniwha Tubes: Four unique Easter Island-inspired slides with rafts for single or double riders.
Puka Uli Lagoon: A tranquil pool where guests can swim and relax.
For now let’w watch Volcano Bay take shape